Last Update: 1st September 2017
What is MOTUS
MOTUS is a suite of integrated software, be it a mobile app, the web portal or any desktop application provided by MOTUS Sdn. Bhd. (Company Reg. No. 1228011-M) Malaysia. These software artefacts allow users to subscribe to exercise or physiotherapy sessions provided by the various partnering gyms of MOTUS and allows the personnel from the partnering gyms and/or MOTUS to perform the schedule management of their respective classes and/or sessions.
What is this Privary Policy About
What personal information do we collect from the people use our mobile app or website?
When registering or making a purchase on our mobile app and/or website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, identification number (e.g. NRIC, Passport No.) or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you purchase a membership, fill out a form or enter information on our mobile app and/or website.
We also collect information when you book, rate or make a review comment of a workout session with one of our partnering gyms.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our mobile app and/or website, respond to an after-service: be it workout ratings and/or reviews, use certain feature of the mobile app and/or website in the following ways:
- to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- to quickly process your transactions;
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products;
- to follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and will be stored in proprietary encrypted technology securely in the database.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user purchases a membership, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
For your convenience, we may store your credit card information kept for more than 60 days in order to expedite future membership renewal, and to automate the billing process.
Do we use 'cookies', session tracking and/or mobile device token?
- Help remember and process the bookings and gym visits in the mobile app and/or website.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about mobile app and/or website traffic and interactions in order to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your user experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with notice in advance. However, our partnering gyms do have access to limited specific Personally Identifiable Information for verification and for medical emergency needs when it is absolutely required. This does not include app and/or web hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our software artefacts, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our mobile app and/or website policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking for mobile app and/or website usage and user interaction with the mobile app and/or website. For instance, Google Analytics.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Since MOTUS is a registered company in Malaysia, it is of no obligation for us to adhere to such principle but we believe that the Fair Information Practices forms a crucial framework in user data handling. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We collect your email address and mobile device token (for push notification) in order to:
- send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- process membership purchase and to send information and updates pertaining to bookings and cancellations;
- send you additional information related to your bookings and other related notifications;
- for marketing and other follow-up business measures that will continue to send emails to our members after the original transaction has occurred;
We agree to the following for users' email addresses and/or mobile device token (for push notification):
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of our business or site headquarters (applies only to email);
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
MOTUS Sdn. Bhd. (1228011-M)
9C, JALAN RIONG, OFF JALAN MAAROF
KUALA LUMPUR, W. P. KUALA LUMPUR 59100